Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Yet Another Book Challenge With A Young Adult Lit Twist

When did online Book Challenges become a big thing?

If there's one thing I love to do when struggling to finish a book its dawdle online reading about books. So it was to my surprise that all these book challenges escaped me until last year when I signed up for the Diverse Books Challenge.

With each January 1st wouldn't you know the book challenge universe continues to expand into genres and online reading groups. I was jazzed to be pointed to Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge by a colleague. In its second year, Book Riot's challenge combines elements of Bingo into your book challenge, directing readers with assigned tasks for their book selections (Read a book about religion, read a book about politics, read a book over 500 pages, to type a few). My colleague and her co-workers have turned it into a competition.

Loved it.

But this was a book challenge that seems geared toward adult readers. Some of the assigned tasks weren't necessarily conducive to those of us who read mostly Young Adult fiction and non-fiction. I wanted a Book Riot Read Harder Challenge for YA readers. While I pride myself on being a kick-ass, semi-decent librarian, my cursory online searches came up with nothing.

So I shamelessly stole Book Riot's idea and applied it to the world of Young Adult Literature:

Thank you Book Riot!


No comments:

Post a Comment